Update on St Ives Retirement Living COVID-19 for Next of Kin or Emergency Contact
Monday 5th July 2021
COVID-19 Update – Western Australia (Change to Restrictions)
As you are aware from 12.01am Tuesday morning, 6 July, the Government announced most restrictions in Perth and Peel will be lifted. St Ives Crisis Management Team has made the decision today to reopen villages from 9.00am Tuesday morning, 6 July. We have decided on the following measures.
- All village communal areas will reopen.
- Communal areas include community halls, restaurants, pools, bowling greens, hairdressing, allied health, and gyms.
- Planned activities can proceed.
- Essential and Non‐essential contractors can attend villages.
As per government requirements, we advise all residents, staff, and contractors that.
- Masks remain mandatory indoors, and outdoors when it is not possible to physically distance.
- Up to 30 visitors permitted to homes for private gatherings.
- Two square metre capacity rule applies to most venues.
- Seated venues have a 50% capacity limit where that is greater than under the two square metre rules.
- Staff to always wear a mask in the workplace.
- Continue to practise physical distancing where possible.
- Maintain good personal hygiene with a particular focus on hand washing.
- Continue to use the SafeWA app and check in wherever the QR code is displayed.
- Get tested if you are feeling unwell.
- Get tested if you have attended one of the exposure locations listed by the WA Government.
- Ask for assistance from your village management team if you require additional support.
We thank residents for their patience and understanding as we worked through the latest outbreak, lockdown, and restrictions. We will continue to prioritise the health and wellbeing of all residents across the St Ives portfolio, many of whom are quite vulnerable and in a high‐risk category. The Crisis Management Team continues to meet regularly, and we will continue to review our plans in preparation for any changes in the status of COVID‐19.
Chief Executive Officer
General Manager, Operations