Update on St Ives Retirement Living COVID-19 Scenario Planning for Next of Kin or Emergency Contact
Friday 30th April 2021
COVID‐19 Update ‐ Western Australia (Change to Restrictions)
As you are aware from 12.01am Saturday morning, 1 May, the Government announced most restrictions in Perth and Peel will be lifted. St Ives Crisis Management Team has made the decision today to reopen villages from 12.01am Saturday morning, 1 May. We have decided on the following measures.
- All village communal areas will reopen;
- Communal areas include community halls, restaurants, pools, bowling greens, hairdressing, allied health and gyms;
- Planned activities can proceed;
- Essential and Non‐essential contractors can attend villages.
The Government did advise that the incubation period of 14 days from the last known positive community case will end on Friday 7 May 2021. The Government also announced over 90% of close contacts have been tested and returned negative results. The Premier noted in his press conference last evening that we should not be surprised if more cases are detected in the community over the next week.
As per government requirements, we advise all residents, staff, and contractors to:
- Wear a mask when outside of your residence if physical distancing is not possible.
- Masks will still be required in public indoor spaces and this includes indoor communal areas of your village.
- Staff to always wear a mask in the workplace.
- Continue to practise physical distancing where possible.
- Maintain good personal hygiene with a particular focus on hand washing
- Continue to use the SafeWA app and check in wherever the QR code is displayed
- Get tested if you are feeling unwell.
- Get tested if you have attended one of the exposure locations listed by the WA Government.
- Ask for assistance from your village management team if you require additional support.
We will continue to prioritise the health and wellbeing of all residents across the St Ives portfolio, many of whom are quite vulnerable and in a high‐risk category. The Crisis Management Team continues to meet regularly, and we will continue to review our plans in preparation for any changes in the status of COVID‐19.
Chief Executive Officer
General Manager, Operations