Village Operations Assistant
Our St Ives Melville, Myaree and Lesmurdie Villages are our smallest Villages, all with a small but vibrant community of friendly and social residents.
We are currently seeking a proactive Village Operations Assistant who is interested in developing their management and leadership skills to join our team on a part-time (22.5 hours per week) 6-month secondment cover (fixed term), to assist with the management of day-to-day operations of these facilities.
We are looking to appoint a person who is values driven, with a passion for providing exceptional customer service to take ownership and accountability for the successful management of all Village operations for each Village.
What you will have responsibility for:
This role, reporting to the General Manager, Operations will be responsible for the following, as well as other general duties as required by the role:
- Manage Village operations and financials to a high standard and in line with compliance and regulatory requirements, including monthly P&L reporting, village meetings, health and safety, risk management, cost control processes and reporting.
- Develop collaborative relationships with residents and finance committees to create a positive culture across the community, whilst also ensuring that issues or complaints are addressed in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders across the business.
- Manage asset maintenance and improvement projects, including facility and contractor management.
What are we looking for in our ideal candidate?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To demonstrate how your personal values align with the Values and Behaviours of St Ives.
- A strong customer service focus, with demonstrated experience in building good working relationship with customers, contractors, and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage with a variety of people in an empathetic and respectful manner.
- Previous experience in Retirement Living is not essential however, experience in a customer focused business with complex requirements would be advantageous.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, with experience in budget management, P&L reporting, contractor management, health & safety, and risk management and report writing.
Whilst not essential, it will be desirable if you have a Certificate 3 or higher in Business Studies, qualifications in Health & Safety, knowledge of relevant retirement village legislation and a First Aid Certificate.
Please Apply on Seek